2a: Digital Identity | Pause and Think Online | K-2
Students will be able to:
-Understand the importance of being safe, responsible, and respectful online.
-Learn the "Pause & Think Online" song to remember basic digital citizenship concepts.
- Sign up for a free account at commonsense.com/education
- Go to the linked website here to view the full lesson and resources
- Watch the video, Pause and Think Online
- Explore the, Head to Toe, activity with your students
- Reflect on the lesson and do the Pause & Think Moment activity with the students
*as an extension you could have the students create a “class book” or image reflecting the parts of the body they discussed and focused on during the Head to Toe activity. This digital book could be printed out or used for future lessons, review and/or to share with parents. Use could use the suggested EdTech Resources to create this digital book or representation.
In this instructional idea helps students learn the importance of managing the digital identity in a fun and interactive way. This song and activity focuses on the permanence of their decisions online, how to communicate and interact with others in an ethical way and to use safety while on the internet.