2d: Personal Data Privacy and Security | Digital Trails | K-2
Students will be able to:
-Learn that the information they share online leaves a digital footprint or "trail"
-Explore what information is OK to be shared online
Original Post from Common Sense Education
- Sign up for a free account at commonsense.org/education
- Go to the linked website here for the full lesson and resources
- Watch the video, Follow the Digital Trail
- Play the game, Animal Tracks
- Review and complete the activity, Ok to Share?
- Wrap up: Pause & Think Moment
In this instructional activity students work as detectives to find information left in different "trails" around the room and compare the information they found to determine the safety of the information given. They can then understand and decide what digital "trail" they want to leave and what is safe or not safe to do on the internet.