Module 1: What is blended learning?
Have you heard the phrase “blended learning”? If you are a classroom teacher, or working in a K-12 educational setting, I am sure you are familiar with the term. However, how many of you actually know what blended learning is and how you can implement this type of learning in your classroom or school?
This module will introduce you to a definition of blended learning as it pertains to K-12 classroom instruction. You will also explore potential benefits of adopting blended learning in the classroom for both teachers and students.
Learners will be able to:
- Define blended learning.
- Name some of the benefits of implementing blended learning in a K-12 classroom.
- Share what they believe will be the next steps for learning about and implementing blended learning in a K-12 setting.
Module 1 Activities
- 1.1 – Complete a FlipGrid post and record a response to at least one fellow learner’s post
- 1.2 –Explore a video-based assessment about blended learning
- 1.3- Read an article about potential benefits of K-12 blended learning
- 1.4 – Post a response on the “What? So What? Now What?” Padlet forum