Module 2: Blended Learning in K-12 Educational Settings
Blended learning is a unique and currently popularized form of teaching. However, the implementation of blended learning can differ greatly depending on your classroom setting, resources, and teaching style. This module will introduce you to different models of blended learning in the classroom.
Learners will be able to:
- Name popular blended learning teaching models.
- Identify benefits and challenges of at least one of the given blended learning teaching models.
- Share a blended learning teaching model that they would like to try in their classroom, or a relevant classroom setting, by participating in an shared slideshow.
Module 2 Activities
- 2.1 – Complete a Flipgrid reflection post
- 2.2 – Watch a TED talk presentation about implementation of blended learning and complete a Flipgrid response to the video
- 2.3 – Explore popular models of blended learning and choose one model to focus on
- 2.4 – Share your chosen blended learning teaching model and brainstorm ideas for implementing this model in a classroom