1.1: Explore an ISTE Standard
The ISTE Standards are a framework for innovation in education. These standards help educators and education leaders worldwide prepare learners to thrive in work and life. Review this classroom poster provided by ISTE highlighting the different standards. Select one standard and post a response on this collaborative Jamboard responding to these three prompts:
- Why is this standard important for student learning?
- In what ways does this standard meet the needs of a 21st-century learner?
- Share an example of how you could imagine this standard being taught in a K-12 classroom.
- Once you’ve responded, review the other responses and respond to at least one other module learner’s response.
* Want to download this ISTE Standard classroom poster? Click here to do so through ISTE’s site.
EdTech used: Jamboard
Tech tip: Jamboard works best when it’s used as a collaborative tool, so add as many posts and responses to other posts as you want! Be sure to use the arrows on the top of the Jamboard to click through all of the discussion prompts.
Direct link to classroom poster: https://www.iste.org/explore/ISTE-Standards-in-Action/Free-classroom-poster%3A-I-am-a-digital-age-learner
Direct link to Jamboard: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1r1mAhkttYYGJbxzgBcSpQldlo82nCOkI9awtoXJVKFM/viewer?f=0