Module 2: Using Google Documents to Scaffold and Manage Student Projects
Good teachers scaffold student work, especially if the teacher believes students will initially struggle with a multi-step assignment like a long-term project. Thankfully enough, however, teachers now have access to free educational technological tools like Google Drive to scaffold and manage student progress on a multi-step long-term assignment.
In this module, teachers will use Google Drive’s text processor, Google Documents, to create a scaffolded multi-step assignment that they have created.
Teachers will be able to:
- Share their experiences using google documents as a tool to scaffold assignments for students
- Document their understanding of how to make scaffolded multi-step activities for students to manage their progress using Google Documents
- Plan and create a scaffolded activity for students with Google Documents
Module 1 Activities
- 2.1 – Own It – Flipgrid – “How have you used Google Docs to scaffold instruction in your classroom?”
- 2.2 – Learn It – Making scaffolded multi-step activities in Google Documents
- 2.3 – Application— Create outline of a scaffolded multi-step activity
- 2.4 – Share It — Create scaffolded activity using Google Documents