Unpacking an ISTE Student Standard
Welcome to this mini-course on “Unpacking an ISTE Student Standard.” In this 3-module course, learners will:
- Module 1 – Unpacking an ISTE Standard Part 1: Analysis of Language
- Module 2 – Unpacking an ISTE Standard Part 2: Determining Objectives
- Module 3 – Unpacking an ISTE Standard Part 3: Implementation
The purpose of this 3 module mini-course is to support educators in unpacking the ISTE Student Standards. Throughout the modules, learners will go through a novel unpacking process in order to interpret the standards in their own real-world teaching context. By the end of this process, learners will have deconstructed a standard’s language in order to create actionable, measurable learning objectives and instructional activities that help students achieve a standard’s goals.
Contact/About the Authors
These courses were built by UNC Chapel Hill Master of Educational Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (MEITE) students Marvin Espinoza (‘21), Erika Murray (‘21), Savannah Windham (‘21), and Devon Young (‘21) as part of their work in the MEITE Program. This course—Unpacking an ISTE Standard—was built by Savannah Windham.
Please follow the steps listed below for any issues you may experience in this module according to your issue:
- I can’t record a Flipgrid response!
- Check your camera and ensure that it is not being used for Zoom or another video conferencing software or activity on your computer.
- Try using a different browser (Chrome and Edge are great!)
- Make sure your video response is not greater than 45 seconds.
- Check to make sure your camera is not damaged by testing it using other video conferencing software like Zoom or Google Hangouts.
- I can’t see any of the activities using Ggoogle documents, sheets, or slides!
- Make sure you are signed in to google using your gmail account. You may have to make one! Google accounts are FREE and EASY to use and create!
- I can’t see any of the videos linked!
- Make sure you are able to view YouTube videos on www.youtube.com. If you are unable, there may be an issue with your browser. Delete your browsing history, including your cookies and cache, and . Then restart your computer.
- If that does not work, please email, as there may be a sharing issue: