Module 1: What are the ISTE standards and why do they matter?
This module is about understanding why EdTech Connect NC exists. You’ll have a chance to explore the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards, learn about the implementation of these standards in classroom instruction, and have a chance to reflect on the adoption of ISTE standards in North Carolina. Along the way you’ll have a chance to engage with different edtech tools, and begin thinking about ways you might utilize some of these standards in your own work in schools.
Learners will be able to:
- Explain what the ISTE standards and their impact on classroom instruction;
- Define the digital divide and reflect on how ISTE is bridging that gap;
- Reflect on the efficacy of North Carolina’s ISTE adoption
Module 1 Activities
- 1.1 – Own It – Explore an ISTE standard and share your reflections using Jamboard
- 1.2 – Learn It – Read 2-3 articles about ISTE and the digital divide
- 1.3 – Learn It Application –– Reflect on the reading using Google docs
- 1.4 – Share It – Complete a Flipgrid post reacting to North Carolina’s adoption of the ISTE standards