Module 2: Unpacking an ISTE Standard Part 2: Determining Objectives
Module 2 will take you through the second phase of the ISTE Student Standard Unpacking Process: Determination of Objectives. You will build on your analysis of standard language by crafting new learning objectives that combine learning goals from an ISTE standard and a required content-specific standard of your choice. After, you will answer the question, “What does mastery of the new objective look like?” by crafting observable and measurable criteria for students’ success. Completing part 2 of the unpacking process will prepare you for the final stage—implementation—covered in Module 3.
As a reminder, you will need your graphic organizer with steps 1 and 2 completed to continue in this module. To download that document as well as the completed sample from Ms. Franklin, see the links below.
- ISTE Standard Unpacking Process Graphic Organizer – BLANK
- ISTE Standard Unpacking Process Graphic Organizer – COMPLETED SAMPLE
- ISTE Standard Unpacking Process Chart
Learners will be able to:
- Share how they incorporate local, state, or national standards into their curriculum
- Use the analysis of language for an ISTE Student Standard to define and write learning objectives within a specific subject area and classroom context
- Define proficiency of a standard within a specific subject area and context by creating criteria that is both observable and measurable
Module 2 Activities
- 2.1 – Own It – Using Standards in Your classroom
- 2.2 – Learn It – Defining Learning Objectives
- 2.3 – Learn It – Defining Proficiency
- 2.4 – Share It – Reflecting on the Learning Objectives Writing Process